Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas

I have had so many things I've wanted to blog about, and just never have the time!! I'll try to get them all out in the next few days, so this blog may actually have some activity for awhile.

For starters, Merry Christmas! It was a nice one here, Little Girl got some really nice gifts (meaning, instead of a bunch of junky toys, she got some nice things she'll really get a lot of use out of) and Baby Boy had so much fun opening gifts and dancing to the Christmas music. Her favorite (and mine!) were her "Little House" Lincoln Logs, as she calls them... now she can build a log cabin and have a wagon and horses and Ma and Pa to go with them -- but she wants a Mary and Laura too, and I've no idea where we'll find figures so small to play the part... but we shall try.

My favorite gift for myself was a copy of These Happy Golden Years. Not just any copy, mind you, but a Sewell-illustrated edition -- meaning pre-1953. Oh, but not just a Sewell, I have several of those after all, nice but not that big of a deal. But an AUTOGRAPHED copy. Yes indeed, my brother who has complained for years about how everything has to be about Laura went out looking for an autographed copy of one of her books. Now how's THAT for a merry Christmas? :)

Merry Christmas, one and all...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is a really, really sweet and thoughtful gift. What a nice brother and what a nice Christmas! Glad you had a good one.

Maria said...

WOW!! What an amazing gift :o)

Glad to hear you had a wonderful Christmas - me too :o)

Anonymous said...

Autographed by Laura (as opposed to Helen Sewell)???? I am so jealous!!!!!! What an awesome present!

Prairie Rose said...

Yep, by Laura... :o) Just uploaded a pic to myspace if you want to see it for yourself. :o)

A Dusty Frame said...

OH WOW!!!!

How very awesome! To know she touched the book!

I was going to ask you about your Ingall's road trip;)

Have you seen all the sites?
Are there any not worth going to?
James thinks he wants to do this and I'd sure love to at least visit a few of them.
Lizzie