Sunday, March 30, 2008

We interrupt this blog for a special promotion...


Let's be frank. Household products do not enthuse me. I know some people rapturously extol the wonders of this product or that, but I just don't get into that. Sure, there are products I like, products I prefer, but it's nothing to get excited about. At least for me.

But today I made a discovery. A household product that I can get excited about.

Dusting is not a particularly hated chore, by any means, for me. I hate washing dishes. I'm not fond of scrubbing bathrooms. But dusting is fine. I don't know how often one is "supposed" to dust, but I probably don't do it frequently enough, because I'm not a scheduled housecleaner. I clean things when I notice that they need to be done, not once a day, once a week, once a month, etc. And therefore it's not likely that I am going to dust unless I notice a layer coating some shelf or knickknack or piece of furniture. But then I dust everywhere. As I said, it's not a dreaded chore, but it's not a chore to get excited about either.

Well, all that is in the past, ladies and -- well, I guess it would be a stretch to think that a gentleman would have read this far in a post about cleaning the house... However, I discovered a product today that has entirely changed my viewpoint on dusting. Dusting has instantaneously become my very favorite chore ever and one I will greatly look forward to each day... for I can't imagine not dusting every single day now, knowing that I will get to use this product each time I dust.

What is this amazing product? Swiffer cloths... but not just any Swiffer cloths... those are pretty nice in and of themselves, but goodness, I've been using them for years and they aren't anything I've gotten overly excited about once the newness of their initial discovery wore off. These are very special Swiffer cloths... they are scented with febreze. Now I noticed at least two fragrances available on the shelf, and perhaps there were more. I typically don't buy fragranced products -- first, I usually would prefer to skip the fragrance and spare my nose anyhow, and second, I figured the added fragrance is just that many more toxic chemicals to inhale. However, there did not seem to be any unscented ones available, and I was completely out, so I was stuck buying the fragrant swiffer cloths.

I don't know about the other fragrances, but the lavender vanilla scent has got to be the most lovely scent I have ever smelled. I wish I could buy a perfume that smelled exactly like this. Seriously. I guess it's not really a perfume type of smell, but then I could smell it ALL DAY LONG. At a minimum, I wish it was a fragrance that could linger around my house long after I finished dusting. I might just have to leave some cloths lying around in each room. :o)

Perhaps I should just look for Febreze in this fragrance and spray it on all my clothes. I suppose that would work.

In the meantime, dusting is now my favorite chore, because I get to inhale this lavender vanilla fragrance that is better than any lavender or vanilla I have ever smelled before. So if I don't blog for awhile, you'll know why... I'll be dusting. :o)

No comments: