Thursday, December 25, 2008

Some Fun Christmas Moments



At church last night when getting ready to take Communion, my mother turned to Little Girl and whispered, "Do you know why we do this?" Now Little Girl certainly did know, because I'd asked her before church and she spit out the whole story of the Last Supper and the crucifixion and resurrection, etc. without a flaw.

But in response to my mother, she nodded and whispered back, "Because it's healthy." "Noooo..." my mom began, and Little Girl insisted, "Juice IS healthier than pop -- that's probably why Jesus gave it out."

!!!

She went on to add, "And bread is kinda healthy because it has milk in it!"

Well, there you go. How can you argue with that logic? We take Communion because it's healthy.


Other fun moments of the night were:

When Baby Boy opened a Buzz Lightyear toy and shouted BUZZ!! BUZZ! at the top of his lungs for at least five solid minutes.

I think he liked it.

Little Girl got an American Girls catalog in the mail a couple months ago. She went through it, and circled the Bitty Baby and allllll the things that go along with it. She then handed it to my mother and said, "This is what I want for Christmas -- I want everything except that girl." (She meant the girl in the ad modeling the pajamas and holding the doll.)

Well, she got it. And she was so excited she had to put on the pajamas immediately and COULD NOT WAIT for Grandpa to put together the crib. And after gazing happily at her little collection, she announced,"I got everything except that girl I didn't want!"

She's hysterical.

To her credit, that's all she ever asked for for Christmas. When I asked her a few weeks ago what she wanted, she shrugged and said, "Nothing." I said, "Nothing?? You don't want me to get you anything at all for Christmas?" She said, "I do, but I just want people to get me whatever they want to get me." Well that's refreshing. :)

The other big hit besides the Bitty Baby was a Build-a-Bear penguin. I bought this penguin the year she was born, when she was just a few months old, and had it tucked away, saving it for when she was old enough to play with it. I bought it because her mommy and daddy were VERY into penguins at that time, and this was a special edition so it wasn't something that would be able to be purchased later on. Well, instead of Build-a-Bear clothes, I put together a little collection of HER baby clothes and they've been tucked safely in the box all these years. I ran across it and thought, good grief, if I don't hurry up and give it to her, she's going to be too old for it, so at last she got her penguin. LOVED it. Dressed it immediately and tucked it into the crib with Bitty Baby.

Baby Boy gave her a little plant kit; she had to set that up immediately too, getting dirt everywhere, of course. She asked when the plant would grow, and she was told it would need light and water. She poured a ton of water into it, and then ran and got a flashlight and shone it over the pot. As I said, the kid's hysterical.

Baby Boy was very much into opening presents this year for the first time, and no longer needed a bit of assistance. However, he wanted to play with everything right then, naturally, and so all we heard all night was, "Open! Open!" while his parents struggled greatly with all the toy packaging. Why oh why do they make toys so difficult to get out?

He opened a video and clutching it in one hand, went dashing out of the room. He was on his way to put it in the DVD player, of course. :) He doesn't waste time.

All in all, it was a very nice Christmas. The kidlets will be back again shortly for Christmas dinner, so I'll wish you all a merry Christmas once again, and be off!

No comments: