Saturday, March 28, 2009

"This was a very fun day."


I'm going to go into the book and the program I've discovered to help Little Girl and Baby Boy and all that later, but my sister has agreed to allowing me to try this program with Little Girl, and while she won't take her off the meds right now, she said she will take her off when school ends. (She previously had decided she was leaving her on them all summer!) This way we have a chance to find out over the summer if the program is taking care of the problem or not with no meds to mess things up.

So, she came over today for her "evaluation" and after she finished it, I let her stay the rest of the day.

We read a couple of chapters of Little House on the Prairie. Sang some silly songs. Bounced on the trampoline and played some badminton. Got out my fiddle and boy, was she ever determined to learn to play it. I think I'm going to look into lessons that she and I can perhaps take together, and buy her a half-sized fiddle (or perhaps a Half Pint fiddle? :) ) so we can play together.

Went for a walk, and admired the neighbor's flowers. (Since I have none. He has a yard just full of tulips and daffodils and hyacinths all singing the glories of spring and my yard is stark and barren. Ah, well, we'll fix that next year...)

And the strangest thing happened on this walk. Right there, on the main street going through the subdivision, far from any farm, were two corncobs and kernels of corn scattered all over. Where they came from and why they were there is anyone's guess. All I can figure is God knew a certain Little Girl had had a rough couple of weeks and needed a free gift, so He rained them down from heaven for us.

She gathered up the corn kernels and stuffed her pockets full of them, announcing that tomorrow she is going to plant them at Grandma and Grandpa's because they have a BIG yard, and then the corn will grow and we can get one of those machines like they have in South Dakota that takes the kernels off the corn when you turn the handle and make lots of corncob dolls. I like the way this child dreams. :)

We, of course, took the corncobs home and promptly turned them into dolls. Little Girl made them almost completely without assistance. Their names are Charlotte and Little Blue.

As we headed to the car so I could take her back home, she looked at me and smiled. "This was a very fun day."

I couldn't agree more.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! Corncob dolls and all.

You'll appreciate this, we have the little house intro books with those wonderful pictures. Today my girl was lining up all the stuffed animals on the bed. When I asked what she was doing she said, "It's Dance At Grandpa's! These are the "ever so many babies!""

Prairie Rose said...

Beautiful!!!! I LOVE that!!!!!