Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Compassion -- yes, again... :)


So I found out via Boomama that there is going to be another Compassion blogging trip, this time to the Dominican Republic. I'm so excited about that -- following the Uganda trip was such an amazing experience and so informative, and I love knowing so much about the way my sponsored kids Milton and Rebecca in Uganda live and how Compassion works in their country.

But the Dominican... I'm really thrilled about this, because of course, Staurin, my very first sponsored child, lives in the Dominican Republic. I remember when he was maybe 9 or 10 years old, he hoped we would get to meet someday. Now he's all grown up and in high school. I'd love to meet him and his family, and see firsthand what a difference Compassion has made in his life, and in theirs.

I'll have to hope that the bloggers end up at his project and I get a glimpse of him through one of their videos or something.

To learn more about Compassion or to sponsor a child, please check out this link!

No comments: